Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Rape and Attempted Murder of Magdaline Torrez

By Magdaline Torrez

I would like to write a story for the Student Insurgent regarding my recent rape and attempted murder, in January, in our neighboring Linn County.
I was fed up with Eugene, after living here for nearly 36 years, and rarely being able to make enough money to even take a vacation, let alone relocate. So...I walked west on 11th ave., straight out of town, alone, in the middle of the night. I said fuck it all to hell. I’m going to Manhattan come hell or high water.
So, anyway, I was picked up by a seemingly kind young man in a truck, tattoos all over his face, arms, legs, and chest. I thought he seemed mellow.
Well, he took me to a crack house, somewhere in Linn county, we got really stoned, watched the rob zombie movie “house of a thousand corpses,” which, in my stoned state, I thought was hilarious.
What I didn’t know was that there were three men and two women waiting in the adjoining house for me to pass out so they could rape, beat, and an attempt to murder me.
I remember being yanked off the couch after I’d passed out, thrown against a wall, kicked, beaten, and forced to take liquid acid.
I was subsequently fucked by several people at once, while being beaten. I could not shit because of the pain in my ass for almost one week.
Obviously, I managed to get away. A rape culture was performed, the results of which I have never seen. A police case was filed, the results of which I know nothing.
Since then I have been committed to the Johnson unit at sacred heart twice (for those of you who don’t know, it is the crazy house).
Anyway, I am too tired of the story to continue now, but there is much more to tell...like the fact that I put my own life on the line to prove that the night should be safe for women. I failed. Don’t try it.
We need to handle these crises together; young and old, men and women, victims, support groups, and even (I would say especially) the perpetrators.
Thank you for your time. Look out for yourselves. Look out for your friends.
I tried to be a super-hero. Ooops. But, you know, I believe that, when we come together, super-heroes are precisely what we become.
Thank you, Magdaline Torrez

No comments: